Just as Mukesh Ambani had made his place in the top 10 billionaires of the whole world, in the same way, another Lal of India has left his mark on the whole world, his name is Gautam Shantilal Adani, who recently became the second richest person in the world.
Elon Musk is now ahead of Gautam Adani. Gautam Adani’s net worth is $ 154.7 billion i.e. around Rs 12.34 lakh crore,”
Elon Musk’s net worth of 21.83 lakh crore ($ 273.5 billion) is at number one on the list. Gautam Adani has overtaken Bernard Arnault of France to become the second richest businessman in the world.
This is the first time (Gautam Adani becomes the second richest person in the world) in Asia that an Asian has reached the top 2. Bernard Arnault is third with a net worth of 12.27 lakh crores ($ 153.8 billion) and Jeff Bezos is at number four on the list with a net worth of 11.95 lakh crores ($ 149.7 billion).
Story of Gautam Adani becomes the second richest person in the world
- 17 days ago, Adani rose the third place among businessmen in terms of wealth. Adani’s net wealth increased by $78.2 billion alone in 2022. This is five times what every businessman makes. In February, he became richer than Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries.
- On April 4, Adani became a member of the club of millionaires. Centibillionaires are those who have a net worth of at least $100 billion. Adani’s net worth was $57 billion in April of 2021. In the fiscal year 2021–2022, Adani’s net worth increased at the quickest rate in the whole globe. Seven firms owned by the Adani Group are publicly traded.
- The parent firm of NDTV, RRPR Holding Private Limited, has proposed to sell 99.99% of its shares to Adani Group through its subsidiary Vishwapradhan Commercial Private Limited (VPCPL). Due to a few legal issues, the case is currently ongoing.
- The Indian cement division of Holcim was earlier announced to be bought by Gautam Adani’s company in May. And this deal was done for $ 10.5 billion. As a result of this purchase, the Adani Group rapidly rose to the second position in the Indian cement industry.
- The largest private port operator and end-to-end logistics service provider in India is Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited (APSEZ Ltd.). It has developed a portfolio of port infrastructure and services across India in less than two decades. The nation’s port capacity is represented by its 13 well-located ports and terminals, which total 24% of the total.
Mukesh Ambani is at number 8 in the list of top 10 rich people
Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of Reliance, is the second Indian to appear on Forbes’ top-10 list after Adani, who is also Asia’s 2nd richest person. Mukesh Ambani has a net worth of 7.35 lakh crores ($92.1 billion), making him the eighth richest person in the world.
The top ten richest people in the world are listed below-
- Elon Musk – 21.83 Lakh Crore
- Gautam Adani – 12.34 Lakh Core
- Bernard Arnault – 12.27 Lakh Crore
- Jeff Bezos – 11.95 Lakh Crore
- Bill Gates – 8.39 Lakh Crore
- Larry Ellison -7.84 lakh crore
- Warren Buffett – 7.70 Lakh Crore
- Mukesh Ambani – 7.35 lakh crore
- Larry Page 7.10 – Lakh Crore
- Sergey Brin 6.81- Lakh Crore
By the way, only time will tell if Gautam Adani will surpass Elon Musk as the world’s richest person, but given the pace at which he is moving, it is safe to predict that he will.